Thread: LM24 The Le Mans experience
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1006600)   #37
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This was my second trip to Le Mans and my first on a campsite. How was it? Well I'm still grinning now, in fact I started grinning when I left home on Wednesday night and haven't stopped. It was a blast, fantastic company, fantastic atmosphere and fantastic weather. We had normal GA tickets (good value I think) and saw loads. High points have to be watching dawn break from the Ford Chicane and then the sun rise over the Dunlop Bridge. We got a bus out to the Mulsanne, didn't have time to do Arnage but that's on the list for next year. We also went into the pit lane for the podium celebrations.

The drivers parade was fun - although a little drawn out, we had great lunch and dinner in Le Mans on Friday without any hassle (you try that around Silverstone in July!).

Le Mans is so much more than a race, our only regret is that as we only arrived on Thursday late afternoon (and then took over two hours to errect Chateau Piglet on the camp site!) we didn't manage to get to see much night qualifying and didn't have time to to get into Arnage Village at all.

Even the trip down and back was fun with brit cars left right and centre blasting past us at all speeds (sorry to the GT3 man who seemed to have been nicked going into Alecon having come by us at a fair speed earlier!).

Wyzard, give it another go - perhaps get new friends! The place is immense and I can't wait for next year.