View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1045161)   #21
dereklola
Racer

dereklola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello - I'm back!
Should be working on my race cars but - - - -

Many thx to Adam for providing the "Ralt Book" entries for the RT2 - out of interest where did that come from (or shouldn't I ask?) Did we ever really conclude why 152/153 became 167/????

Back to the Cicale bodies. It's my understanding that many people copied those bodies (I wonder just how effective the ground effects were) and they got refered to as Cicale bodies whether they were or not.

I might be able to find Tim Evans locally - will let you know if he remembers the Trueman car story.

I just phoned Richard (Dick) Guider and ask him to call me back. From previous chats with him the "3-ply" Marquey, the red/white one above, was his own design on a March chassis (may have been an 80A - don't know). I'll ask him about the earlier Marqueys and how much Cicale influence they had.

From memory there were some races where the car is listed as an RT2. This is probably confusion somewhere because Dick looked after both his own Marquey and Bill Blackledge's RT2 - and in some cases he drove the RT2.

Finally (maybe this should be on the RT2 thread) can anyone explain an RT2 driven by George McMillan, Bass Rock Garage, at Ingleston in 1983? Go to http://www.photobox.co.uk/shared/pho...6&page=&group=

By the way last weekend I met Eddie Wachs and Horst Kwech (of RT2 "167" fame) for the first time. They had their Toleman TG280 out for the first time in many years (in F2 guise). This car was their 1981 CanAm replacement for RT2-167. Also saw RT2-278 again and had a good look at it - definitely has a genuine looking Ralt plate with 278 on it. And has a totally unique rear suspension subframe.

Supper calls (she who must be obeyed)

Derek

Derek