View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2004, 00:30 (Ref:1057730)   #31
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In fact, good posting by all.

As a Sports Sedan diehard, it still pleases me to see that there are people around that are fans of the category. There are still some awesome cars around thesedays and it's quite correct that if we had some "name" drivers in them, some more interest and dollars may flow into the category.

I love driving them and working on them and trying to make my own cars go faster on a limited budget. Regardless of how I've done in a race, I still come in with a smile on my face. There is nothing like knowing that you're punting around a good 550hp in a car of your own creation, doing times that would probably get you on the grid in a V8 Supercar race (well Konica at least ).

Laying black patches up the road, struggling to get the HP to the ground, that's what it's all about. Experimenting with suspension, aerodynamics and engineering with the freedom of knowing that you aren't going to incur the wrath of officialdom. It's just a great category!

I'd give my left one to drive my car at Bathurst - anything under a 2 mins 30 around there would be real a#$e-clenching stuff I reckon!!
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!