Thread: LMES Overview
View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1095765)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the coverage of the racing is fine from my point of view. All the race live, but that is only on MotorsTV. However, as you say, this is not the case elsewhere.

I taped and watched the whole thing, but I doubt many other people would watch the whole race.

TV coverage of 6 hour races live is practically unheard of. It is certainly not something that major channels would consider. 6 hours! It is not TV friendly. In addition what happens if we get a dull race. Then that is 6 hours of dull.

A highlights program would be all that they would show, if that, and it is arguable how well endurance racing lends itself to highlights. One moment there is ten-seconds between two cars, the next one lap! Trying to give a good grasp of what happened and how the race developed would be difficult.

I think getting people to the races/events is the key to the sucess of the series.