View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:05 (Ref:1154392)   #7
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Guys,

The following are two incidents, remarkably alike, yet somehow different...

First Scenario
First corner, first lap. Three cars land in your gravel trap... No time to think we have to get there NOW! Extingusher is 100 feet away, sod it no time. We're running we're running... ok dust is settling... we're still going... OK we're here, wheres the cars??? Oh there are two escaping and ones on fire... Who has the bottle lads??? OH &!#$ %&@$# @*$^@$% IT....

Second Scenario
First corner, first lap. Three cars land in your gravel trap... Ok I have my bottle beside me, my team have given me our plan of action and we're ready to go. Looks like two of these guys are re-joining, dust is easing but theres smoke, *WHISTLE* READY? GO! 60 seconds later we're back on the bank congratulating eachother on a job well done (and consoling the driver now crying!)

The above are just hypothetical scenarios that wouldnt be uncommon to everyday marshalling. Spot the difference?!

Marshalling is incredibly rewarding and brilliant fun, but remember Its very dangerous and requires consentration and forward planning!Otherwise you or others can get hurt!

Be safe and enjoy it!

Welcome to the best seat in the house!