View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:38 (Ref:1206449)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Bit Controversial

Ok then I'm going to ask something that really puzzles me.

Why do people spend a fortune on a car for a track day (or more than one day)?

My point being that I find plodding around a race track under limited rules (no outbraking into corners etc.), without any form of competition a bit of a turn off. I'll grant you it is fun if you take a few mates or sponsors or punters around and try to scare the pants off them (wet days are best for this of course), but as a pastime it seems a bit limited to me.

I much prefer the stress, fun and cut and thrust of a race event.

So tell me more.