View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1234949)   #15
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main problem is this as I see it.

Two drivers are fighting it out all year neck and neck and are basically even on rewsults and points all year.

Driver one fails to finish in round 2.

Driver two fails to finish in round 13.

Driver one gets to drop his bad result.

Driver two does not get to drop his bad result.

Quite simply not fair in my way of thinking.

The two driver enduro's are a tough one though becasue you can either be hero or zero depending purely on how your co-driver goes. When going for a drivers championship it is a little tough at times.

I really don't see why we can't go back to having an Endurnce Championship for the two driver rounds though.

In some ways it opens it up more as far as entertainment value goes, because you effectively get two championships during the year, and at least a team which might have some bad luck in the sprint races could claim the Enduro title.

It also means that come Bathurst all teams will be shooting for a win and nothing less as the main championship is not on the line.

Murph can be outspoken at times and not alwayssay what we agree with, but this time he is spot on, love him or hate him.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I actually like hearing driver interviews where they get to state what THEY think, and agree with it or not it gives us a bit of thinking to do, gives us an insight into how they think, and gets our sport out there, and isn't that what we all want so it continues to grow and be successful?