View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1242977)   #31
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasud
Does Stoddart really know anything other how to whine like a baby?

If he did, you'd think he apply it to running his team rather crying all the time to the media about how big bad Ferrari and big bad FIA is picking on him all the time.
I think everyone who wants to talk about the team managers like this, or hold Bernie and Max up on high pedistals, should do some reasearch into the FOCA/FISA war of the eighties.

Take a look at what Max and Bernie were up to during that period of time, and look at how they gained the power that they have now. I'm not saying that they haven't done a great deal of good for the sport, but you have to think that perhaps it's time for a fresh set of eyes to have a look at it.

The GPWC/FIA war will (if it ends up continuing) be a very interesting battle, and the most politically and business savy people will end up as winners. Bernie and Max may be on the winning side, but people like Paul Stoddart, Peter Sauber, Frank Williams and Ron Dennis are all very business savy and politically savy from their time in F1 and other business circles. They could end up on the same winning side, with more power than ever before.

The pros and cons for this, and whether it will happen, is stuff I don't feel qualified to get into. I would like to think, however, that the teams and the commerical rights holder/sactioning body will end up (maybe through the loss of some teams or current key stakeholders) pulling in the same direction.

Lets just hope they learn from the FOCA/FISA war and don't let people fighting the establishment become the establishment...