View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2001, 21:35 (Ref:129349)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a wild old day at Lakeside! I will never forget the sound of the armco being flattened, and seeing the marshals behind it diving for their lives... That was sad, because we had great seats on the inside of the track at think, but we were told to move (for the obvious safety reasons) and I left my nice green Dicky Johnson flag pinned to the fence

Later on, before the ATCC race, a Formula Ford rolled at the kink after the finish line...a shocker...

Then there was the big one. Not only were Miedecke and Lusty involved, but so was Seton and Carter. How Miedecke wasn't killed I will never know...he bailed out of his fire ball, and stood there on the track behind it while all manner of cars ploughed into it. The cars basically continued on at race pace for some time, it seemed like an eternity before it was all brought under control. As it turns out, a mate of mine was flagging at the point under the bridge, and he wound up being at the track, late into the night filing reports over the incident... it really made Lowndes's roll look fairly lame..