View Single Post
Old 5 May 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1293815)   #108
andoiwebb
Rookie

andoiwebb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveng
Thanks for the encouragement Phil. I went to Teeside to set up the Vauxhall. Very cheap-£50 for a half day, they are really friendly and you get the place to yourself. Only trouble was I never got out of second gear. It was fine to sort out brake bias, traction etc but some of the corners almost needed a three point turn. I will be getting the car back onto Michelins ASAP. Funnily enough the Avon man warned me (as he was fitting them) that the current F3 tyres are as hard as nails and I would be lucky if I got them up to any sort of working temp in short club race. He was right.

steve

i drove this car at anglesey in the freezing cold with the old mich tyres, the only fault with the handling was understeer. the rear had buckets of grip and it was a VERY stable car, i couldn't get any heat into the tyres at all, i'm sure they were past their sell by date too! i'd seriously consider not mucking about too much with it and run it as close to how the fr boys run it i.e. with mich tyres (newer than those on it) as putting larger diameter fronts (f3) will affect rake etc etc and ruin everything esp if the rear was left how it was..