View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2001, 00:46 (Ref:131040)   #16
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Peter, just recently looked into your site and read these comments. Good for you for getting it on the track regularly, must be a pain with that combo of under and then oversteer. Hope you can sort it out. Soon after I found 10/10ths, I read about your Capri, and it made me think of how long it had been since I'd seen one here in Canada.
Ages and ages. As a teenager, they were around Ottawa, I may be wrong, but I think they were nearly all 6 bangers, with the "power bulge" on the hood. Me and my pals used to think they were pretty handsome looking and fast cars.

So they have all gone and rusted away to Capri heaven, but last year I spied a yellow one in a sort of abandoned used car place near my house. It sat there all summer, all winter, and for a long time it was just a bump of snow, until March or so when it appeared again. It is still there, hasn't turned a wheel in all the time that I've seen it, and so I finally borrowed a digital camera to show it. Must be the first one I've seen in over 10-15 years.

Have to admit, it's still a pretty handsome car.
Again, good luck with yours.
ps, am amazed how little rust it has (on the outside anyway).
Attached Thumbnails
caprii.jpg  

Last edited by djb; 16 Aug 2001 at 00:47.