View Single Post
Old 26 May 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1310499)   #118
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most formulas manage to accidentally create the impression that they are deadky serious and only welcome the fastest drivers etc. In all cases when you join you realise that your perception was wrong and BARC Renault is no different.
Sure, we have some very talented drivers at the front and always have done, but, as with just about any formula there are a number of us who are the wrong side of 40. I make no secret of the fact that I am 58 and can't get anywhere near the front.
So, don't let it worry you Steve, we have drivers who regularily go a lap or two down, it is after all, just club racing.
As I suggested before, if you have the Martini repaired by the 24th June, come to the Croft test day, or better still enter the meeting. I am sure Simon North and Pauline from Renault will be flexible regarding the registration fee.
Just remember, we have all made complete tits of ourselves in one way or another over the years, if it really worried us we would still be sat in a grandstand somewhere instead of on a grid prepared to put our twopennarth done for inspection by all.