View Single Post
Old 30 May 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1314797)   #16
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big part of the problem is the difference between the top teams, like AGR, RL, and Penske, and the not so good teams, like Foyt, D&R, and Helmegarn is now so glaringly disparite in there speed and handling, that accidents like AJ's are becoming more frequent and harder to avoid.

AJ may have been here for two years, but he has never actually "raced" here. All he can do is get on the track and do his best to stay out of the way. Thats no way to improve your skills, or show what you can do. I think its far more difficult to be in a slow, bad handling car than it is to be in a fast, competitive one. On ovals, as the race goes on, and cars spread out, he and the other backmarkers have to constantly be looking in the rear view mirrors, hoping to avoid cars whizzing past them. I don't envy him...

Danica Patrick