View Single Post
Old 31 May 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1315550)   #17
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
marcus:

I think faced with "reality" AJ would grumble, blow a gasket or have a tantrum. But - it needs to be done. He is no longer larger-than-life in this series and it is past the time when that needs to be pointed out to him.

One of the advantages to being old enough to have delivered the table and chairs used for the Last Supper is that I remember AJ back "when." Believe me, you would have been impressed!!

They are still talking about the USAC race at Brands Hatch where he consistently had his champ car airborn at one of the corners (can't recall which). He was a dynamic driver, pure magic behind the wheel and I would love to remember him that way instead of as a caricature of himself playing "Legend/Team Owner."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.