Old 14 Sep 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1408068)   #44
jimbomit
Racer

England
Cheshire
jimbomit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nose
The moment we dont have enough Oulton rounds the series will be finished but I would still do the Star of Anglesey.

You need new rubber for every round and a few of us do.

But still we will have to wait and see what the BRSCC offers us for next year as we are their cash cow, but we do seem to be getting fewer slots every year.

If Cadwel and Croft were so good why dont they have a home race series,Oulton has a long history of FF1600 and it should be kept that way....shame on the circuit if we get less slots next year.

I was talking from the view of the common masses, I'm sure we'd all like to be racing with new boots each race but the reality is that most of the competitors will have one, two maybe three sets a year max And yes by and large we aren't at the pointy end but then not everyone can be and a series is there for all its competitors, there's fun to be had from the front to the back, it's why we do it!!

I would disagree with us being a cash cow. On the race meetings we participate in, we do provide a good healthy income for the BRSCC, but compare that to events like the Touring cars or F3 and we are zip. We are not their bread and butter, check their annual accounts (if you have trouble sleeping) and you'll see what I mean, they are not a great business. Whether that's down to poor cost control or the bare fact that racing is not very profitable I don't know but as a series we only contribute about £60k of income annually. Not a whole lot really!

I agree with the sentiment that we should have a bigger say but my impression is that racing is changing and we have to be willing to accept some change. Oulton Park will not offer that many slots to club races, it's not in its interest to. It makes more money from its own schemes and hiring to the major events. . . .that and if Dr P wanted to control all the income from events on his circuits he'd have to find some way of enticing us wouldn't he?

Spend a few years constricting availability, hiking up the prices and wait for people to get fed up with the middle man clubs, they start going pop or have to race out of the 'less glamorous' circuits, then all of a sudden, introduce your own series at the great circuits like Oulton, Brands, Cadwell, Snet. . . I hate to be sounding too gloomy but I really do think this will happen. Dr P is a business man first, racer second. Why would he let clubs take some of the earnings he could keep for himself? He won't it's why MSV was set up.

. . . . I really am going to sleep now!!!!