View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:05 (Ref:141751)   #22
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wrex > For Rubens himself you mean? McLaren, Williams, BAR, Jordan, Sauber etc are all filled. He'd give up certain securities like being in the best car for some midfield team like Jag at best. And Prost, Arrows or Toyota at worst. I don't think he had much options.

When you mean for Ferrari, I guess they think he's allright. They don't want another superstar, they just want an aide-de-camp. Before Irvine was contracted word was that Fisichella would join Ferrari next to TGF. TGF resisted this ferociously. It even made Niki come forward in the press with comments like what in the world they were thinking not to contract someone with Fisico's capacities. That was the reason they fired him back then. Thinking back of Spa, it makes you think how Fisico could have performed in the Ferrari. On the other hand it's also clear, like Raoul said, that these perfomances can't be transferred equally from team to team.

Bononi > How could anyone predict? Somewhere friendly like Jordan could see him revive like Frentzen did in '99. A tougher environment like BAR could prove already too much to master. We'll see, I guess.