Thread: Argo
View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2006, 04:17 (Ref:1588279)   #46
jleonard
Rookie

jleonard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes there is more than one 11, two FA, SV unknown. I only knew of two JM9 atlantics. At this point I have no doubt that Nugents ad in autosport in the winter of 1980/81 listing his car as an 8 is correct. Confirming this model number with a phone call to Jim Burnett. I waited on the phone while Jim went out to his shop uncovered the car and checked. I know 044 raced in Portland Oregon USA on June 12, 1981, it's first race in the US I know of. Nugent raced his car after he sold it to Jim, to finish one season or start the next I'm not sure. it was in Autosport that he had an accident with it before it got shipped to the US. Rackham's notes are a little rough but I think he tested the 5(036) at Brands on sept.15 1979 and could he have made it to a libre race at Donnington the next day the 16th? 45s at Brands and 72,73s at Donnington.There seams to be two races at Brands after Sept. one of 53 laps and one of 50 laps and a note about a lower third gear for the Brands atlantic round,could this be the Nick May race? Rackham also told us he held the Lyddon outright lap record. I can think of no reason why JM8-044 is an 8 other than the guy stamping the plates had to good of a time at the Hare+Barrel in Griston and screwed up. We could always have the plate checked to see if there is a 3 under the 8 But that would have been done at the factory. The actual build date is the most important for us, our local vintage rules state December 31 1979 is the cut off. If we could locate Nick Jordon on John Peterson they might have a good story about it. If you see Ross Bently in results driving an ARGO it should be a Johnston.