View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1638982)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A DBS V8, the original twin headlamp version in BRG and in really good condition. My job had just been made redundant, so I had a bit of cash to burn! It was advertised in the Classic Car mags with a well-known classic car dealer (so well known that I have forgotten the name!). I hummed and hahhed over it and eventually showed the advert to my wife, and she said, rather surprisingly, 'go for it'. I immediately rang up but the dealer laughed and said, 'it's gone, I could have sold it 10 times over'. The moral is that if you see a classic for sale that you want, and have the funds, don't hesitate!