View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1661402)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumi's billion-dollar BMW farewell.

F1 Racing has an interesting piece of speculation regarding the end of Micheal Schumacher's career.

Apparantly, Willi Weber and BMW have been having secret talks about 2008. The idea is for Schumi to drive for them in '08, and would go alone with a massive marketing campain, billed as his "farewell year". This would include lots of merchandise, specialy themed pit lane parks, special editon road care and the like. This could potentially earn Schumi up to one billion US dollars.

Both BMW and Schumi are based in tax-freindly Switzerland, which I suppose give this idea some credibility. And I don't think Schumi could turn down the money involved... We could also play the old "stranger things have happened" card.

Personally, I doubt this will happen. He'll end his career at Ferrari, probably in 2007 IMHO.

Interesting theory nonetheless.