Old 5 Sep 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1702208)   #13
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
I think it is a myth that HMS have much more power. You need to watch the cars more carefully if you think that.
I think we should all watch more carefully then, because there is no doubt in my mind that the Walkinshaw cars have more bhp than anyone else. Yes, they put their power down well, but if you look at the Oran Park races, plenty of times Craig was getting a better run out of the final corner than the HMS cars that he was behind (he seemed to be behind a different one in every race too!). He would even gain on them for a while up the straight, but then they would simply drive away from him. There is no power down in that.

I am not whinging about it, it is just how it is at the moment, and sadly I don't see it changing before Bathurst......
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.