View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1790983)   #58
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I believe this is the team that is planning to race a Mygale, probably with a Mercedes engine. That would explain why they were testing in Magny Cours.

Getting back to chunterer's post, I never thought Oli Jarvis would stay, but I did expect him to go the WSR with Carlin, rather than become a 'gaijin' (there's a book called Gai-Jin - I looked it up!).

Maro Engel has to be a title favourite and I'm still not totally convinced Yelmer Buurman is beyond recall. Of the new boys, Atte Mustonen is getting a fair amount of attention.

Maybe people are optimistic at this time of year, but I don't think numbers will be a problem. There is a lot of interest in the National Class and when guys like Sam Bird and Oliver Turvey have settled down somewhere, it'll begin to look quite interesting.