View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2007, 02:12 (Ref:1827558)   #22
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
That's only the case for the traditional European races, like the UK, Italy, Germany and France. But the FOM is responsible for the footage during the weekends across the Atlantic, in Asia and Turkey.
No, Fuji TV directs the Japanese Grand Prix footage, and Rede Globo does the same for the Brazilian race. The TV ratings for Formula 1 in those two countries are huge, and even though they offer the most notoriously nationalistic coverage, those networks have too much bargaining power to lose their directorial rights. The Australian, Canadian, Malaysian, and US Grands Prix were all directed by domestic broadcasters until about 2004, I believe, whenever the most recent extension to the Concorde Agreement was signed. I don't believe Bahrain and China were ever not directed by FOM.

But anyways, I think the current system is fine. But it would be better with unlimited fuel loads.