View Single Post
Old 8 May 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1909209)   #58
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
first of all Gerben, all the best with your brothers head injury, and that he has no ill effects, the bike bits can be easily replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
the fact that you sit more upright on the cruiser meant the spine took a bit more shock. Not sure how true that is though.
when I started getting into bikes in the late 70's, my dream bike was the BMW RS1000, a sport tourer with a (then) very sexy fairing not seen on other production bikes. Beemer always understood proper seating position for fast, safe riding--ie, proper distribution of weight between the hands, the bum and the feet, (with wind speed taken into account).

With cruisers tending to have your hands up too much, and the pegs more forward, this automatically puts more of your weight more on yur tush, and therefore your spine. I'm sure as with sport bikes, stating "cruiser" is a blanket statement, with varying degress of chassis, engine vibration and suspension/seat factors coming into play, but overall, having your feet more forward along with higher bars just can't get around putting more of the weight in the direction of ones bottom. I'm sure Prep H are happy people who don't know better buy cruisers cuz they look comffy...