View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2001, 10:10 (Ref:191391)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, this is a tough one to answer. On the whole Octagon have done a fine job so far but, as many of you say money needs to be spent on circuits outside of Silverstone. The problem as I see it is that they are being forced to spend the cash on Silverstone to keep the British Grand Prix. That pressure is coming from Max and Bernie, not something that Octagon relish I suspect. I am assuming that once Silverstone has been brought up to scratch for the FIA, there will be money to invest on other circuits. At the moment though all cash is going in the direction of Silverstone.

As for club racing, I suspect the reason for increased entry fees are twofold.

1. The organising clubs need to make a little extra cash to cover inflationary figures like staff expenses and office rents.

2. That Octagon have probably increased their circuit hire charges to the organising clubs.

As for merging BARC and BRSCC the two biggest race organisers, I'm not sure what benefit we, the public, would gain. I think it would be better for them to work closer together in order to avoid clashes in the calenders, thus allowing those true spectators to attend more race meetings?