View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1952836)   #33
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
as Mark says, it's just another meet and just another series, Why all the fuss?
While I'm not in favour of the general F1 high-status circus, I have to beg to differ on that statement. As far as the pitlane is concerned, at this event everyone and his wife want to get in there, see (never mind meet) the drivers and nick bits of cars given half a chance (OK, that's a sweeping comment, but you get the point). All but the privelidged few don't have that opportunity.

For once, something positive is being done for the marshals in allowing those that wish to, and are giving their time to marshal, are allowed something which is denied to the fans, and the numbers involved means it will be under better conditions than those available even to the 'elite'. For that I say thank you to the organisers, and especially to our colleagues who are working the pit-lane. It is also reasonable, in view of the above, to expect marshals to behave in a professional manner since you're there in a capacity representing the wider marshalling fraternity. We argue that we deserve consideration for giving out time, and we should back that up by returning that consideration when it is given. Remember also that the walkabout could be treated as an opportunity to learn about what is needed for carrying out your duties - neutral buttons, cockpit foam release, electric and extinguisher operation.

And no, I'm not there so all of that is hypothetical for me, but noted for future consideration should I choose to return in future.