View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1955606)   #303
Gerard Hodges
Rookie

Gerard Hodges should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI guys,
The waters are getting muddier.... I have phoned Barrie Williams & spoke to him today. What a nice guy. His version of events is RA2-46 was a brand new car owned by frank Sytner, prepared by Ted Grace. Barrie drove it in the Tourist Trophy Race, he crashed it when there was a sudden downpour & was joined by about 12-15 other cars. He said the rear of the car was badly damaged. The car was then taken to Ted's workshop, stripped & repaired & sat there as a spare shell.
Another bloke (he can't recall his name at the moment) bought the shell & had Ted build it as a Grp N car & Barrie was contracted to drive it. He did the Prod Car Champ in it, crashed it into the side of a Monza at Oulton Park, after which it had to have another rebuild. At the end of the '85 season it was sold to John Morton in NZ along with the other Sytner Grp A cars.
Had quite a long conversation with Barrie (thanks Gregor for the contact). He is going to sit down & try to recall & document the history of my car. He told me that he had been with frank Sytner just this afternoon as they are racing the Historics at the BGP this weekend. He said he would talk to Frank & try & piece this jigsaw together some more.
Rgs, Gerry