View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1955616)   #304
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard Hodges
He did the Prod Car Champ in it, crashed it into the side of a Monza at Oulton Park, after which it had to have another rebuild. At the end of the '85 season it was sold to John Morton in NZ along with the other Sytner Grp A cars.
Had quite a long conversation with Barrie (thanks Gregor for the contact). He is going to sit down & try to recall & document the history of my car. He told me that he had been with frank Sytner just this afternoon as they are racing the Historics at the BGP this weekend. He said he would talk to Frank & try & piece this jigsaw together some more.
Rgs, Gerry
That's great Gerry, glad Squeaker could help, he is a great guy to talk to and I hope your phone bill isn't going to be too high!!
They will defintiely both be at the GP this weekend but as posted earlier, Frank is a very "focussed" person, he might open up but if he doesn't I would not be surprised.
As I said in an earlier post, there seems to be a lot of fishing around for info; when in reality the people who know are still around; just ask them, and if you can't let me know, I'll have details somewhere!!
Maybe I have a differant stance on it (Dad would never let me get autographs of anyone....was too common!!), but I am more than happy to try and help where possible; I'm trying to sort this 3.0 CS BMW that was on ebay at the moment. bloody nightmare!!

Last edited by GBRM; 5 Jul 2007 at 21:28.