View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2007, 03:45 (Ref:1964048)   #68
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
thought I'd pop this in. A friend recently got a 2007 Gixxer 1000. Seriously nasty looking bike, business-wise I mean. He put some really cool aftermarket rear pipes that replace the single unit that comes after the catalytic converter, and gives it a goose-pimpley growl.

The bike's party trick....he tells me shifting from 5th to 6th at redline is at 298km/h-----yowser. Even given a whack of speedo exaggeration, the fact that it continues to accelerate in 6th means it must be over 300, scarey.(digital speedo tops out at 299 btw)

other party trick--3 step electronic power settings, soft, med and full-on. I think real world rear brake hp is something like 160, low-power setting is around 100hp I think he said the manual states (I'm not sure of the numbers), but neat how one call dial down the power delivery.

wild bike, but it is still disconcerting thinking of the speed potential.