View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1965214)   #17
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt Busch will be back as sponsor of the Grand National Series next year even if they can't sponsor Junior next year. It's already been announced they're leaving and there's been a lot of effort to find a replacement. So far the most likely replacement is Subway as they have been pretty heavily involved in the sport so far and heavily rumoured to be so. Korean manufacturers and Walmart have never shown much interest in motorsports sponsorship and I doubt that will change now.

Even with JR motorsports Junior and Bud won't reunite. Junior is leaving his personal sponsorship contract with them a year early after this season. The main reason is several sponsors at Hendrick (Pepsi and Kelloggs I imagine) don't want to be and can't be associated with alcohol companies.

The most likely scenario is that Bud stays with DEI who are possibly merging with Ginn Racing soon and Kyle Busch drives for them. Kelloggs sponsors Casey Mears next year (since the military deals are season to season) and Junior is sponsored by Pepsi or their Gatorade brand. Pepsi will want the exposure since they won't be the title sponsor at the Pepsi 400 or Gatorade Duels anymore. Coke is now the official soft-drink of ISC tracks.

J.D.