Thread: Diecast/Models Le Mans 1:18 Winners
View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2007, 04:45 (Ref:2003982)   #141
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I was looking in a store today, and saw what looked very much like the R89C listed in post #136. What would be considered a sensible rate for one of those?

I also saw a Spark R10 (cannot remember the number), but I would be able to get it for either 80 or 105 bucks CDN. I cannot remember if it is 25% off that makes 100 or 25% off 100. If it is 80 bucks, then that is like 35-40 quid; if it is 105 bucks, then that is like 45-50 quid. From what I have been reading here, such a price should be considered fair. Is this a reasonable thing to think?

I saw other models, some prototypes and some F1, with the normal ones being the 100-150 bucks range (roughly 45-70 quid): these seemed to be Minichamps/Spark mostly [some Autoart]. Are these prices a reasonable range?

There were some Exotos which were hugely priced. I am not likely to pay such prices, but would like to know what is normal for Exoto?

I also saw a rather lovely Maserati MC12, as tested by Michael Schumacher in 2004 apparently, which is apparently one of a production run of 500-and-something. Following a quick look on-line, I reckon it is a "BBR Maserati MC12 Fiorano Test Car", with a production run of 506. It was going for 300-odd bucks: 350-375...say 375 for safety. That is like, say, 175 quid.

I am going to have to work very hard to resist it...it is a simply beautiful model. Let us suppose I was to be weak and take it, at 375-CDN/175-quid, would that be an outrageous rip-off or not too bad?

Last edited by Dutton; 5 Sep 2007 at 04:50.