View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2007, 04:06 (Ref:2024848)   #76
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that most of you don't agree with this, but I still think that the Danica spin had a good chance of being intentional. First Dario knew that if a yellow flag came out for just a few laps that he could make it to the finish without running out of fuel. If there was no caution then both Dario and Scott would have gone into the pits, and Dario probably knew that he couldn't beat Scott in that scenario. The only real way for Dario to beat Scott was for a caution to come out. Once the caution came out Scott had two options, one resulting in defeat, and the other resulting in a possible but highly unlikely victory. His fuel engineer knew that he probably wouldn't make it, but they didn't have a choice.

The Danica spin was very suspicious, I watched the race myself on TV. The theory of her locking up her brakes doesn't work for me because where she spun she should have been just a few mph over pit road speed and would have no need for excessive braking. She has been in the IRL long enough to know how to enter pit road safely. The in car camera looked really suspicious too with the way it showed her drive. Remember, before the race she said something like, "I want to help my teammates in any way I can."