Old 25 Oct 2007, 14:38 (Ref:2051150)   #23
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Stealthy - a cheap car does not automatically mean it needs lots of maintenance. A crap car is a crap car and if it's a lemon then there's nothing you can do about it!
In most cases you get what you pay for. I bought my current daily for $1000, and it is awesome, but i was mates with the old owner, so i knew the past 4 years maintainence history.
Having said that, my parents bought a Mitsubishi Starwagon Brandnew and that thing saw more k's on a tow truck than it did the road (and the defining moment of finally selling it was when dad got overtaken by a roadtrain, going 'up' a hill)

On another note, Assuming Josh is the same as i was at that age, he's going to want to change things around, suspension, wheels, stereo etc, all of which will use up more money, which is why i suggested getting a car your happy with first time around (rather than driving it into a tree like i did haha)

Also Josh, buy privatly, don't go to a dealer, as you will pay more, and get less (of a car)