View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2163237)   #3
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...Stallings has been complaining about the Pontiac engines falling behind in the off-season, and certainly MSR has been quick (and quickest at the test at Homestead) with their new Ford engines and support. The Stallings guys have also not had the best results at Miami previously and have been struggling with brake-lockup so far this year. If Negri were teamed with another pro driver I might have to give MSR the nod for the win. The Brumos cars were also running well at the Rolex 24 (breaking the suspension whilst leading the race for the #59) and have been quick without getting the results, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were up near the front.

If it weren't the race debut for the Lola and Dallara we might expect a good challenge from them, but instead I'd say new-car problems are more likely. The Lola is reportedly too high-downforce/drag to do well at a track like Homestead anyway. One of the Dallaras might surprise, however.

So I'd say Stallings isn't nearly the favorite going into this race as they were for most of last year. First practice coming up right about now...