View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2165880)   #24
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Alvis "Grey Lady",the stories on the that "Special" were rife,allegedly under sized body,grossly over sized engine,the list was endless.
RE the Shipman Griff,they had a problem with the engine in qualifying for Spa 6hrs hours last year,so John phoned for a spare to be brought out,only for that to be faulty too.!

In my days of looking after the Joe Ward car at Spa,the car was knocking out consistent 3.03s,on histo's,it would just go under 3s on sticky tyres though.
AHA..... Good stuff. It was Unbeleivably Quick, did kind of think How (Even can GM get that thing to do that).

OT my car (Griff 200-5-017) will most likely not have as much power as SHipman and will be built to get papers but then mostly raced in the UK in the Thoroughbreds (with maybe the odd SPA 1 hour), will take off the dodgy front hubs and fit 310mm Vents and AP's and run in Yokos (but on 7" 225's).

Maybe we can exchange emails and I could pick your brain on the build when we get our finger out and really get stuck into the build (too much other stuff backed up first!) - soon though.