View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2177517)   #18
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies for digging this up again.

After a fairly disappointing experience with an online book shop, I was reminded of the efficient service millhousebooks used to offer.

Lately, I've been trying to get my hands on some books I've been meaning to get for quite a while. It appears some are out of print and are no longer stocked by anyone. CANAM by Pete Lyons is one such book. Mind you, a certain online bookshop advertised it as available a while back but after enquiring as to why my order had not arrived after almost two months, they realised they didn't have it afterall.

Now, I swear I'm not making this up, I remember getting a little leaflet advertising motoring books for sale. I'm absolutely sure it was millhousebooks (or at least a company with a very similar name in the same locale). This was sometime in the second half of last year. I distinctly remember thinking "they must be back in business or the receivers are trying to sell off the stock". I've misplaced the leaflet and can't find it anywhere.

The original website address appears to function but it takes you to an Amazon.co.uk type page.

Did anyone ever get to bottom of why the company folded? Did they re-emerge under another same? Was there ever a sale of assets?