View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2187708)   #36
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88
Can't agree with that, all the current GT1 cars look better IMO (c6r, mc12, db9 and saleen)
i agree as well, the GT2 cars do look nice but they only look like tarted up road cars, same with the GT3 cars apart from the morgan, the GT1 cars look like proper racers especially the maserti MC12 GT1 and saleen S7R, over time ive come to see the DBR9 is a lovely looking car but it seems awkward i think, its short over hangs and shortish wheelbase and the big wings make it look a little awkward, same with the C6R, the lambo is guilty of the same as well as is the F430.

the only elegant GT1 cars are the saleen and maserati MC12 GT, the rest look fabulous but quite awkward.

personally i see no reason to get rid of GT1, the cars look great, sound even better, theyre very fast, they are spectacular to watch as well, particularly the saleen and maserati's bobbing around and moving around a lot, why fix something if it aint broken?

the ALMS is struggling with GT1 simply because what chance is their of beating the factory corvette's on home turf? not a very good one thats for sure. Im a bit baffled as to why the LMS is strugglging for entries in GT1, this may have something to do with a heavily subscribed LMP1, LMP2 and GT2 for this year, sqeezing entries in GT1.

whilst in the FIA GT, GT1 is fine and healthy, the citation cup is a bit of a mess at the moment, doesnt seem to be doing what it was suposed to do but the rest of GT1 is very healthy in the FIA GT, we have top teams and top drivers and the cars are epic on every level.

lets hope GT2 doesnt replace GT1, the GT2 cars dont do it for me like the GT1 cars do, yes the porsche's and ferrari's are wonderful racers, but i cant compare a F430 GT or 997 RSR to a MC12 GT1 or a DBR9 or a saleen on a banzai flying lap.