View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2230664)   #73
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
Heres my shot at some touring car regs.

Touring S
Large performance saloons/four door coupes built to GT3 specifications. M-cars, AMG, etc.
Sequential/H-pattern gearboxes allowed, no paddle-shifts.
Four wheel drive allowed but with a weight penalty.
Manufacturers can homologate one model in Touring S
Cars eligible:
BMW M5
Ford Falcon FPV
Holdon Commodore SS
Aston Martin Rapide
Porsche Panamera
Cadillac CTS-V
etc...
Touring cars should be about performance versions of normal road cars, not supercars with room for screaming kids. And how exactly would you get knobble the BMW, Aston and Porker to get it to race with the Falcon and Commo?

Besides, the only current manufacturer that has a car in that is BMW, and I don't think they particularly want to flog the 5-Series.

Quote:
Touring A & Touring B
3dr/5dr Hatchbacks, Saloons, Estates and MPVs
People carrier racing? That's a good idea, but I think it would be pretty crazy to run a Clio in the same class as an Espace.

Quote:
Touring A engines:
Atmospheric: 2001cc to 3000cc
Supercharged: 1801cc to 2700cc
Turbocharged: 1601cc to 2500cc
Twincharged: 1401cc to 2300cc
Diesel: 2001cc to 3000cc

Touring B engines:
Atmospheric: Up to 2000cc
Supercharged: Up to 1800cc
Turbocharged: Up to 1600cc
Twincharged: Up to 1400cc
Diesel: Up to 2000cc
What sort of state of tune? My figures (3000cc NA or 2500cc turbo producing 300bhp) , after doing a bit of research could probably be done on most of the cars if they are chipped, new air filters, straightout exhausts etc. without changing innards. In fact, that's all I would allow. If the engines are in a lower state of tune (and the development is heavily limited) they can last longer.