View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2231472)   #65
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport
I was there at that meeting KA, and have a few photos of the Metro 6R4 that was on display next to the Rover - if I remember right.

I'm pretty sure that the show cars were based on standard road cars. Certainly the car above has standard Vitesse 5-stud cross-spoke alloy wheels, which would imply that the hubs are standard as well.

The Computervision rally show car was advertised on ebay last year sometime. Sure it was registered JAC ???V, and we may even have talked about it already within this thread.
That figures- I've got pics of the 6R4 and Computervision Rover showcars as well, and both Rovers look like they're based on production shells. I've got a pic saved on my PC of a Computervision showcar registered 'JAC304V'- not sure where it came from, may have been posted by someone earlier in the thread?
I don't have the pics I took at the TT to hand, but as I recall, the Computervision showcar carried the registration of one of the actual rally cars- one of the 'B5??AOX' series.

As I remember, one of the TWR showcars was displayed in the Gaydon museum collection.