Old 14 Aug 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2269111)   #12
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
But how much has his disrupted season hurt his plans? Kasper is undoubtedly a very quick driver but has he enough backing and is he likely to be at the top of teams 'wanted' lists to run him in Winter series, let alone the 2009 season?
Well, I have to admit that the collapse of the Trident plans did hurt his plans. From Formula Masters onto GP2 and then a F1 test. Now he has to depend on a new dizy series like Superleague, to show of his talent.

Obviuosly the Superleague series is really not so interesting in itself, the interesting part is to show teams and sponsors, that he can handle a 750 bhp formula racer, with the (in theory) same poweroutput as a F1.

I think - I dont know - that Kasper right now does not have the backing to go to a tintop GP2 seat. So he could choose to drive in the winterseries, and then hope to end on a wanted list for a full season. Kasper has a unique sponsorsystem of selling shares, and this could hopefully help him on the way.

But basically he has to opt for a chance, rather than buy his way in. Thankfully he has a really good name in the business, as an intelligent driver with speed.