View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2274612)   #23
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm curious to see the revised pit area as for me this is the circuit's weakest area.

I'd also agree that designing to run both directions is very difficult to do safely. AU N EGL has mentioned flag stands, but I'd also mention recovery vehicles.

If you look at a circuit of reasonable size, the walls/barriers to the sides of the straights have breaks in them, these breaks are overlapped so that a rescue vehicle can access the course but be safely behind the wall until needed.
Going the other way, these breaks in the wall literally become big holes in the safety of the circuit.

An example below, the Red arrow indicates the race direction with the yellow pointing to the rescue vehicle access point. Going the other way and the gap in the wall is huge, whether there is a recovery vehicle filling it or not.
Attached Thumbnails
walls.jpg