View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2301699)   #19
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan
Permits are more to do with the championships than the venue or the flag rules. The championship, and its registration, dictates what licence the comptitors need (so I think International means drivers from overseas are allowed to compete using the appropriate grade of licence from their home country but a foreigner doing a national series over here needs to re-register with MSA). At a BTCC or F3/GT meeting some of the championships are international and others aren't, hence the dual/multiple permits listed in the programme. Flagging depends more on whether a championship or series has rounds in more than one country or not (so WTCC is International/FIA and BTCC is International/MSA).

Piglet probably knows more about this than I do.
You are very correct

(although the thing you might be thinking about with overseas drivers being able to compete is NEAPP (I don't think that's quite the right name though?) which is where even at National B a competitor with an overseas licence can play as long as the race is NEAPP (or whatever it's called!) - the club will of course pay more for this )

It's probably worth a bit of a list of what's what to help folks with their forms...I'm only going to list the highest permit at an event, as said above BTCC will have Int stuff and Nat stuff...

A1GP - Int
WTCC - Int
DTM - Int
F3/GT - Int
LMS - Int
BTCC - Int
Britcar - Nat B (always confuses people!)

Most other things are likely to be Nat B, I'm struggling to think what there is that is Nat A now as there are fewer Nat A's than there used to be.

Please feel free to add....