View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2344491)   #144
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clive! That is fantastic.

That clearly is the Pink ghia shell i know went on my car, and was delapidated on the car when Mike bought it about 6 years ago. (I bought it off Mike this year without the body, a new Lola pattern cage and a new T492 two piece body.
The drivers side pod is complete, no rad holes etc at all, and I think it is the pair fitted for the Ghia body as it has side clips and an irregular shape, about 60mm wider each side than the T 492 would have.

Mike told me it used to have 'a 500bhp' Cosworth engine which was missing when he got the car (and no box either).

The wheels I have are painted badly in 'dulux' white, and are 12'' wide and have the deep dish that describes a cone. I now have outboard brakes for the car so have another set of rims (that were spares with the car). The fromts are as the pictures and painted neatly in white.

Considering the car over the years has had so many different engines there are very very few battle scares, but plenty of pop rivit holes.

I know I want to say this, but it does all point to the second TD car based on a T 490 in 79 when that car would be 2 years old.

Is TD still around I wonder? Can't find him on Google except a race record of him racing a Skoda in 79 based on the T 470.

Thank you very much for this big step forward. Graham.