View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2374619)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jingles
The case documentation can be found here:

http://www.richardbuxton.co.uk/v3.0/?q=node/334

As previously stated in this thread, they are going for the track day usage. I'd highlight points 67 onwards as particularly interesting for the "moving next door to the track/open pit/firing range" defence..... seems that is no defence at all.
People often say that the law is an ass and this is a prime example of why they do so. If I buy a house near Heathrow, am I entitled to complain about the noise? No, yet the houses affected here are only 300 metres from the circuit, so it must have been perfectly obvious from day one what was going on.

It also bothers me that one of the complainants is the ex-wife of Jimmy Wilson, who was largely responsible for getting the circuit back into action back in the Nineties. Is there more to her complaint than meets the eye?

Either way, the whole affair stinks and should be fought tooth and nail.