View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2439348)   #5
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have done the interview with Felix. He believes that it's not about technical ability, cause both teams have great people working on the cars. Maybe it's more of a financial problem. In fact, Ravaglia was one of the best touring car drivers, so maybe he's more handy on the technical stuff than actually handling the money and all that.
I was also talking to a guy who actually drove Ravaglia's cars, can't say who of course, who said to me that the biggest difference that you notice as soon as you get into the car is the different weight distibution. This is because Roal build their own cars, the rest of them buy the cars from BMW Motorsport.
Apart from that, you should also know the background of Proteam and notice that it's the independent team who has the biggest experience in the championship.
In the end, like Felix (and not only him!) said, Presenzini really deserves to become a works team. He always stuck to BMW (though he is said to have had an offer from Chevrolet to run the Lacettis, but he preferred the BMWs) and he always showed impressive pace in his cars, always chose the best drivers (and you'll see Vito Postiglione...) and has always invested a lot in the Wtcc, I can assure you. He earns money from the Clios and invests them into the Wtcc.