View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2476254)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll make my usual pitlane quibble and suggest that it be placed on the inside.
Pit entry would be straight on at 18, with the pit exit on the straight before T1.

I can see Tathrim's point about reversing the direction as well, I agree that removing 18 and having T17 as the new T1 works well, as does overtaking at T12.
But more than that, the run downhill as it would be through the changing radius T3,2 would make the exit of T1 onto the straight very tricky with anything off line onto the straight being much slower than the perfect line, and therefore either a slipstream overtake down the straight, or under braking into T17.