View Single Post
Old 5 May 2000, 15:10 (Ref:2489)   #1
ZOE
Rookie

ZOE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or do the rest of you reckon the BTCC good days are gone for good?

Ask yourselves why you got into it in the first place. Was it to watch a bunch of independents with about as much finesse as a club event? (no disrespect to the boyz, i'm afraid its time i was frank).

Or was it to watch well-respected manufacturers with good, risk-taking drivers battling it out to see who and what car is the daddy?

If it was the first suggestion then may i suggest you actually watched the wrong race, it should have been the National Saloons you were watching loveys.

If it was the second then youre with me. SO why do they have to ruin it. Who REALLY wants to pay Touring Car prices to watch a glorified National Saloon race? Only fools can even compare the pathetic excuse of what we see now than that of ten years ago.

I reckon they should just wrap it all in. Get rid of ST and what are you left with. No big names just amateurs who have yet to make it. Its a sad day for the sport.

Fairdos, i reckon the racing has been close this year, and good to watch but the sparkle has well and truly been extinguished. And mark my words, with it will go public/media interest, television coverage and sponsors.

Farewell BTCC - it was lovely knowing you.