View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2504626)   #42
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was at Brands Hatch on Saturday to watch Henry get his Formula 2 podium finish and caught up with him in the paddock after the race. You could tell he was pretty chuffed about it. Two girls came up to him, with race programmes in hand, looking for autographs. They asked him who he was. He smiled and told them as they started to leaf through the programme pages to find his picture. Trophy in hand, he waited patiently for several minutes for them to find him before signing it for them. My 5 year old son was very impressed. Ever the gentleman, Henry was only a kid himself... not long out of karting, which is where I had most of my contact with him. Its hard to believe that a day later he would no longer be with us.

John survived the one of most dangerous eras of motor racing on two as well as four wheels. It is just incredible that he should loose Henry through such a freak accident at a time when motorsport is so much safer. Words cannot describe what Jane and he are going through right at the moment and all of our thoughts are with them right now.

RIP Henry.