View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2515493)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a marginally interesting retailer, can I put my oar in? On that point, "one man's meat etc" and just 'cos one person doesn't think much of something, there are others who do. Racers can be very blinkered and the Festival needs lots of marginal interests to cater for all comers. The more who come the merrier.

IMO there needed to be more retailers to create a buzz. TBQH the Copse runway was given over to a pointless Ferrari display, that would've been much more interesting filled with a working paddock, would've attracted more retail custom too.

We had a ball, both as retailer and spectator. Some say the numbers were down Sunday - that's as may be but the quality was still there. I'm putting the classic into my calendar next year in place of Autosports International.

As a whole, there are niggles which I'm sure they'll address. e.g. Not paticularly happy leaving £10k's worth of stock in a tent overnight without any sign of security.

But on the whole, yeah, we were happy. Good event.