View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2527590)   #6
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now more fun! This news was covered by absolutely every single TV/paper/website, in fact it gathered more coverage than any other success of Bulgarian driver. It has it's explanation, Mr. Kralev is the most famous Bulgarian driver in the country! The journalists(and I incl. the whole motor sport guild) are big fans of him. Obviously the guy well and truly believes he can reach, wait a moment, F1! Yes, F1 is for Formula One! Though F1 like the Help button is more realistic The guy has said on national TV, that he doesn't pay anything to Trident and apparently(oh you can't expect this!), all the drivers in GP2 aren't paying anything, their expenses are met by the team sponsors and they actually receive salary! Robbe, this guy is well over 35 y.o. and has some construction company. But he's really a celebrity, I mean there was a big interview with him in Playboy and he made it sound like his wealth was coming from racing! When he signed up for Le Mans, his car was the cover of Top Gear magazine!!! The biggest national TV network are sending crews to cover his racing and they haven't done it for any other driver. In fact, when I contacted this same network about broadcasting the races of another very young driver, they weren't interested at all. This National Board of Tourism is just fantastically stupid. Arabadzhiev, everybody is convinced he's not a good driver, but they all wish good luck to Kralev... It's a weird country