View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2567108)   #12
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Now I have a question for Mr Hall

Was about to buy a 50's Sports Car last month when I found it was not acceptable for HTP's.
The car was of a very well known manufacturer but it was the one with a different engine than the others manufactured.
It raced in California but not aware of race history in Europe.
Was told that papers could not be issued for car as no international race history.
Car was one covered and driven by Jenks in period.
No argument its real but what other parameters are used for agreeing to the papers.
Didn't buy the car because of the situation ,assume I could change motor to same as others in series but that would spoil the history of this actual car.Thought the whole idea was to preserve history not mess it up?
Is it possible to take a pragmatic view.

Appendix K applies to cars which are either original competition cars, or cars built to exactly the same specification as models with international competition history complying with the International rules of the period.

I quote from the good book.
Sadly the concept of pragmatism within the echelons of authority at FIA is entirely alien. In ''The good old days'' it was possible to take a view, but nowadays the whole is driven by a different agenda.
My strictly personal view is that an overview of good sense should prevail but sadly.....